Friday, May 23, 2014

Diary of Fosters

July 7 - only have Ariel and Willow.  Mandy took Bosley and Kelly until at least Saturday.  Kelly loved playing with Augustus.  Bosley enjoyed investigating everything but he was content to sit on a lap and watch the other 3 - Gus, Versace and Kelly romp together.  It sure is quiet around here without them.

June 29 - Miss Kitty adopted!!!

June 1 Camden adopted at Petco maybe next week will be Wrigley's special day.
May 31 Fenway adopted at Tractor Supply

May 25
ballpark litter went to Petco - none adopted.

May 23
The ballpark litter is with me for 2 nights at least while M goes to Maryland.  They will go to Petco on Sunday for adoption and I hope they all get adopted.  IF not they come back to me and then to Mandy.

May 4
Clarisa adopted.

May 3 
Clarisa and Pumpkin at Petsmart.  I have Tigger from Petco - formerly Wendy's/Dawns.

April 30
last day of panacure for clarisa

April 29
Clarisa's foot rechecked - everything good for Saturday

April 15, 2014 - MC was adopted today. yippee!

April 9,2014  - the garage now has a feral Pretty Girl who is waiting for a ride to her forever home.  She freaked out when I tried to make friends with her this morning.  Kitter still needs to be trapped, vetted before she can go anywhere.  Trapped is the key word

April 8, 2014 - M.C. has been added to facebook.

April 4, 2014 AM - MC is getting neutered today.  Miss Kitty acted like a bezerk and then decided to park herself on my lap and then went bezerk again when I had to get up to get ready to leave

March 17, 2014 - I started a blog on Cindy's foster - Tucker.  A sweet 5 month, neutered male that came from the IOW Shelter.

March 2014 - been a long time since I updated this blog.  My only foster right now is Miss Kitty.

Sept 29, 2013 - Eve and Bella met me at the door - happy and hungry.  They have both lost some weight that they needed to lose that they had gained while eating at Petsmart

Sept 27, 2013 Snow White adopted.  She went to an enthusiastic adopter.  On Sept 28, Millie and Hatteras Sky (both fosters of Cindy) were adopted.  Horse - the kitten I fostered for a short period before Mandy took him last weekend was adopted too.

Sept 29, 2013  I plan to put Bella back up in a cage at Petsmart.  Hopefully she'll get adopted quickly as she doesn't particularly care for cages.

Sept 26, 2013  Bella and Eve are doing great.  They get along pretty well with each other.  Bella likes to pester Eve at times but will give Eve her room.

Sept 20,2013 Snow White is back at Petsmart.  Eve and Bella had a lot of time out together in relative less activity.  Eve decided she liked the box storing the newspaper for cages.  

Sept 17, 2013 PM  Bella and Snow White out together.  Eve started swiping at me.  I wanted to leave her out over night but I didn't.  All of them got a treat tonight.  

Sept 17, 2013  AM Eve was out all night.  Interested in the door when I went in garage this morning but didn't rush the garage door so I'm happy about that.  She was sweet and I picked her up but she wasn't too too excited about it.  She had her breakfast in the cage and I let Bella and Snow White out together.  Snow White showed interested in Bella for the first time.  They started to play.  A little hissing.  Sometimes its hard to tell if it is play or aggression.  It can look similar.  When Bella decided to hiss at me when I tried to pet her I figured that was enough for her so back in the cage for breakfast she went.  There is enough room that they can hide from each other if they want.  They were playing cat and mouse back and forth and I wasn't too concerned about any kind of a cat fight.  Bella just got tired out earlier than Snow White who is jumpy as always.  I ended up leaving Bella out for the day.

Sept 16, 2013 PM  Snow White and Bella had time out together again this evening and did great together.  No problems at all.  Eve is out overnight.  She is happy now.  rolling around on the floor.  I have to really watch the door with her because she has shown interest...  She'll be out all night instead of Bella who will be out tomorrow.

Sept 16, 2013 AM I don't know where Bella slept for the night.  I decided to let Snow White out just as Bella appeared.  They sniffed noses.  Bella hissed halfheartedly and then Snow White left to investigate after being cooped up all night.  Bella decided to follow her around and I heard a small hiss from one of them - probably Snow White.  Bella did get a little agitated and insecure.  I petted her a bit and she went back into her "home"/security blanket aka cage where she now is happy eating.  Eve observed everything.  She smelled my hand.  After giving her food and new litter she thought about swiping (typical torti temperamentality LOL).  She and Bella now watch Snow White who is racing around like a Jack Russell, or an ADD cat with a short attention span as she zips back and forth after a ball or for no reason.  Snow White is such a character.  She's more fun to watch than TV.  I can't believe she hasn't been adopted yet.   Maybe next time at Petsmart or before.  Eve responded well through the bars to the girls.  Bella is a little raccoon.  Likes to eat and drink with her paw.   

Sept 15, 2013  PM I now have three adult females - Bella, Eve and Snow White.  What fun - 3 catty females that are temperamental and moody and to a certain extent have different degrees of liking other cats.  They are going to take longer to take care of because they each need their time out separately.  However I hope to let Snow White and Bella together tomorrow.  Bella is out overnight.  Eve's reaction to Bella being out was just to hiss.  A typical torti.  I hopeful in the next couple of weeks they'll get used to each other so I can let them all out at once but I'm not counting my chickens.

Sept 15, 2013 AM Bella was sleeping on a box on a shelf.  I didn't see her at first and thought she might be up in the rafters.  She came down and was hugged and kissed (by me) and seemed to enjoy it.  She's by herself at the moment and enjoying it.  She did nip me in playfulness and responded to no.  A laser pointer or another toy did the trick of getting her mind off of thinking I was a plaything.  

Sept 14, 2013 PM - down from 7 cats to 1 - 3 kittens adopted, 2 kittens to another foster, 1 at Petsmart overnight.  The only one I have is Bella who is happy to be by herself.  Tomorrow I'll add Snow White and Eve if not adopted.

March 11, 2014  I've been lazy about keeping the blog uptodate.  I presently have just Miss Kitty.  I'll update information later to include Ginger and Socks.

Sept 14, 2013 I let Snow White out with the kittens.  She had fun playing with them.   She did fine with all 5 out.  I had wondered if she'd be overwhelmed.  They listened to her when she had enough and she'd chase them and vice versa.  Flamingo especially liked her.   It was fun to watch.  Star got some Fancy Feast along with the Purina One.  She is so teeny.  Bella was out all night and was much quicker to come down from her perch this morning.  I don't know if she went all the way into the rafters or not but she came down pretty quickly and after some petting went back into her home and security blanket - her cage.  One of the kittens tried to get the ball that was in her cage and she hissed at him.  She definitely doesn't care too much for other cats and wants her way even with me.  If startled she'll hiss.

Sept 13, 2013 AM - Bella out all night.  Went up into the rafters.  Needed some coaxing to come down.  Easier to go up than down.  I made one of the ways down more secure footing.  There are several ways to go up or to go down.


Sept 11 AM - decided to go to vet because of Horse - his eye.  Switched meds to eye drops.  

Sept 10, 2013 PM - Five kittens showed up.  Cindy took them to be tested and then brought them over.  Two silver - one with bobtail, grey tabby with bob tail, brown tabby and solid grey.  Horse has eye injury, Star is the runt but otherwise all healthy.  star sneezing intermittently.  All on L'lysine.  Started deworming of all 5 for 3 days.  The names they came with (by a 4 yr old) - Star, Princess, Flower (F), Horse and Flamingo.  I was thinking about changing names but Horse keeps his since he is on vet record at An. Clinic of Eagle Harbor.

Sept 8, 2013 - Snow White and Bella.  Bella was an owner surrender I believe.  Snow White was a stray.  She was found with 3 kittens.  She'll gain experience with another cat now that I have both cats in my garage.

Sept 5, 2013 - The 4 P Kitties were tested at almost 7 weeks and were positive for FIV.

July 26, 2013 - Sparkles got spayed.  A potential adoptive met the kittens today at Petsmart.

July 23, 2013 - after one day at Petsmart Julius is adopted!!!

July 20, 2013 - I thought I would have a week break from fosters but Sparkles had to come home.  All the others are at Petsmart.

June 20 - Julius is loose in garage and enjoying be up on a shelf.  Not all the way in the rafters as he has enjoyed in the past.  Ethal was out at the same time.  Julius wanted to play with her and she would just rebuff him with a hiss but I think another day and she'll be playing.

Julius and Ethal - Julius has a tempting toy - one of his favorites
Julius is acting scared or tentative.
Julius and Ethal

No comments:

Post a Comment