Friday, May 9, 2014

Pumpkin - adopted

What's up....  
Pumpkin is about 4 years old, a spayed female wanting a lot of attention and love.  Her prior owner bought a pug and the cat was jumping on it.  Wanting to play?  Just wanting attention - don't know.  She had been fine with dogs before.  When she spent the first night at Cindy's she was mad at everyone and everything.  First night with me she also was that way but now she is turning out to be an attention hound.  She is starving for attention, very vocal, jumps up on my lap and gets in my face.
I try to avoid selfies but here is one.
  She's more orange than this pic showsl

May 9
adopted! 5/8 to a home with 2 other dogs and a cat. She's doing great in her new family slept with the daughter had a hissing match with the torti but today doing better. She was not perturbed by the small dog who was more scared of her I guess.  She will be a member of the family.  

May 3
Pumpkin is at Petsmart.  I'll check on her on Tuesday.  Maybe I'll get a call before then and get her adopted on Tuesday.  I sure hope so.

May 1
When I put her in the cage below Clarissa she tries to climb the cage to get to me.  The owner also said that she was biting family members.  I haven't seen ANY of that type of behavior.  She is very very friendly and doesn't want to be ignored.  I wonder if they just ignored her too much.  She'll be at the Petsmart Adoptathon on Saturday May 3, 2014.  If she's not adopted then she may spend the night to be there for Sunday and if there is cage space up there after the adoptathon she'll stay there for 3 weeks unless she is adopted before her time is up.

April 30
This girl is starving for attention.  I can't possibly capture it with the camera.  She needs a forever family which will give her lots of attention.  I pick her up and hug her when she asks.  I have squeezed her hard to see what her reaction is.  She'll ask to be put down and come right back.  No indication in the least of any kind of nipping scratching or any bad behavior.  She has a lot of energy and doesn't like being ignored.  She does have a taste for the outdoors but hasn't tried to bolt out the garage.  A simple no has caused her to back off from the door.  I haven't introduced her to Pepper.

April 28
Pumpkin loved the attention from the kids next door.  They picked her up and held her and she was content and happy and purring like crazy.  No nipping or even attempt to nip.  One very happy girl

April 27
Such an exhibition of a desire for attention.  She is enjoying the freedom of the garage and found a box by a window so she can look out.  I think she has a taste for the outdoors.  She hasn't tried to bolt out of the detached garage but I have to keep my eye on her.  She meeows like crazy.  She was very hard to get a picture of cause she wouldn't stay still.  Mandy came over with a feral and Pumpkin reached through the cage bars to get attention from her.

April 25
She got showered with Clarissa's diarrhea this morning.  I tried to shampoo Pumpkin but she bolted back into her cage.  Poor Pumpkin - she sure has had a time of it.  Pumpkin is about 4 years old.


please please love me -
my love tank is empty and I want you to fill it up.
please please please

No comments:

Post a Comment