Saturday, March 30, 2013

Grayson! - adopted June 16, 2013!!!


June 2013 - one of his favorite spots.
  Another favorite spot where he can look out the window and be entertained by the other feral cats in the neighborhood or the birds.  I'm sure he wishes he could be out there but with his FIV+ status he must stay inside

Another favorite spot - a lap


A not so favorite spot but he is purring
he may be 3 1/2 yrs+ but he loves to play
Did I mentioned he likes laps - doesn't matter the size



Aug 8, 2011 - before testing


Grayson was from my feral colony. I don't know if he was abandoned or born here. I think he was just abandoned. He was neutered under a Petsmart Charities Grant in Newport News which did not test for FIV and FLV. He was so sweet with people that I decided he needed a forever home. He was tested at that point and discovered to be FIV+. That was in the latter part of 2011.

I have been trying to find a home for him ever since. He goes up to Petsmart every time I go up there and gets lots of attention which he loves. It makes his adventure up there worth it. He lives in my garage. Most of the time he is in a cage but many days I will give him free run of the garage. He has his favorite spots.

He is very playful for being 3 1/2 going on 4 yr old. Is healthy and easy going. Loves sitting on laps and wants one he can sit on forever that isn't mine. I hope he finds a forever home soon. Before he was neutered he would get in the face of other cats especially males. He now gets along with everyone. I don't leave him out unsupervised with any of my fosters and run interference with the other cats. He does great with female cats and with males he still likes to dominate but leaves them alone if they don't act scared or intimidated by them. To minimize risk he should go to a home where he is the only one or the other cats are also FIV+.  FIV is very hard transmit between cats.  See the following link for more FIV Information

Someone please adopt him and give him a loving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment