Friday, January 22, 2016

Twinkle toe

Jul 14, 2015
Twinkle Toe is a semi-feral, semi socialized female cat approximately a year old.  She was supposed to be TNRed but could not be spayed back in July because she had a URI (upper respiratory infection).

This gave us time to work with her and she really isn't feral any more however she is also not to the point of being adoptable either.  She'll accept petting on her terms but picking up?  Nope.

NMCT clinic aged her at a year - I was thinking 5-6 months, Brenda thinks more like 8 months.  She's not where I'd like her to be socially but Debbie is coming regularly and working with her.  I pressed her buttons yesterday (July?) by trying to pull her to me to pick her up and she was panic city trying to get away.  I can pet her.  She'll roll on her back to have belly rubs but she doesn't come to the front of the cage.  I'd like to give her garage privileges but I can't trust her yet to come back to me and think she'll just hide.

January 2016 - she and Charlie have free range in the garage.  She's been in my garage how long?  six months.

July 26 had a walk-a-bout in the garage today.  She hadn't been out of the cage before and sure seemed to enjoy it and hopped back into her cage 3 hours later.  Beauty didn't like the fact that TT was out of the cage but Beauty will get over it.  Still need to get to the point that we can pick up TT

July 14, 2015 when I first got her.

No comments:

Post a Comment