Saturday, October 18, 2014

Marilyn - Adopted!


I'm friendly.  I just don't like my pic taken.
I'm also not sure if I'm allowed out which
 she is.
Marilyn was abandoned back in February.  She's been living outside because she doesn't get along well with her caregivers 2 cats but she does fine with dogs.  She is having to share her foster space with another cat and the cat does respect her boundaries and backs off when Marilyn hisses.  She has adjusted very well to being inside.  No problem with using the litter box.  She's great with kids and dogs don't bother her.  Very sweet.  A beautiful long hair.  She loves being brushed, which since she is long-haired does need to be done regularly

Oct 18, 2014 - Cindy took care of Marilyn from September until her recent stay at Petsmart.  She has gotten a call and Marilyn was on Sunday Oct 19, 2014.  Yippee!!!

July 5, 2014 - She is due to come out soon.  I'm hoping that she'll get adopted while Mary is at Petsmart.

June 24 -  Marilyn is doing pretty well at Petsmart.  I hope she gets adopted quickly.


June 17 - what I thought was a tick was only a scab.  She's on her way to Petsmart.  Hope she gets adopted quickly.

June 16 -  The whole garage for her to play in and she choses to  be in her "bed" the litter container.  When I come in though she does come out for attention and to be brushed which she LOVES!  She's ready for Petsmart.  I wonder how she'll do with all the cat smells there.

June 14 - first day out of the cage.  She took the longest time to come out.  Now she isn't hiding.  Just relaxing.  I'm considering putting her up at Petsmart once I know more details about her background.  She doesn't particularly care for Willow.  Hisses at her even tho Willow is in the cage.  I think insecurity.  She might come around and at least tolerate.  Willow doesn't react to the hissing.  She had her time out also earlier.  She's now snoozing.  Willow gets spayed on Monday.
Marilyn likes her little shelter.
She feels secure.


June 12 - Quite the talker.  I gave her attention and petted her and brushed her but I'm not ready to let her completely out of cage.  She doesn't like Willow.  She decided to swat me and I swatted back and she went and hid in the litter container.  A little later and she's apologetic.  I fed both wet.  I may cover her cage so she doesn't have to see Willow.  Willow is adjusting better.

June 11 - Marilyn arrives.  She's been living outside for a long time and being in a cage is definitely not pleasant and she'll need some time to adjust to a different environment.   She's getting adjusted but hisses like Willow who was acting the same 24 hrs ago and is coming around. Not ready to give either one of them garage privileges.

From Cory:  Marilyn is really sweet and loves being pet/held, but I had a feeling she would hate being caged. That's why I thought she would be a good barn cat.

My response:  She'll come around. None like being caged. some get used to it quicker and when I know she'll come back to me she'll come out. I tend to keep them in there until they feel it is secure. It's amazing that once they are let out - if they get stressed they tend to go into the cage as a safe place. She does like the litter bucket container. She feels secure in it. She just doesn't know yet what to think of Willow and the feeling is mutual.

No comments:

Post a Comment