Saturday, November 28, 2015

Beauty


Beauty is a sweet friendly long haired torti/tabby mix.  She is wonderful with everyone and with cats.  She loves to be loved on.  She is a total love bug and wants attention from her person and loves to sit on your lap.

Beauty was a stray, probably abandoned who was being fed outside for a month but the feeder couldn't let her in because her cats had medical issues.  Beauty also wasn't too tolerant of other cats at that time.

Beauty was delivered to me in March 2015 and really hated cats AT THAT TIME but over the last 9 months she has grown adjusted and gotten really good with other fosters.

For the first couple of days that I had her, she was angry and hissed and swatted at me.  I thought she'd never get over it.  Then she settled down and she had free range of the garage and would come when called.  She wasn't one to climb in the rafters or hide at that time.  At that time, she reacted to meeowing of a cat outside and went on high alert and tried to find that cat to tell it what's what but settled down after she realized cat wasn't in her domain.  Talk about the change in her over the last 9 months!!

You'd wondered if she was even the same cat...now.  She now gets along with other cats.  Played with kitten fosters and was reported to actually have groomed one of my other fosters.  Oh how she needs a forever home.





December 4, 2015 - Beauty is adopted!!!!  Yay!!!

November 2015.  She is back at Petsmart.  Someone fell in love with her but the husband is still grieving over the death of their last of 3 cats and is not ready to adopt another yet.  She's hopeful her husband will come around but I've got to let go of the hope.  It sounded like the perfect home for Beauty.  The exact personality the wife was looking for in a cat and Beauty looks like one of her previous cats. 

Early Nov 2015.  It was reported that Beauty actually groomed one of my other fosters.  Oh I wish there was a picture.  I can hardly believe she's the same cat.

Sept 11, 2015 - Beauty will go to Adoptathon this weekend.  She is doing phenomenal with other cats and other kittens and early in the week we took the restriction off her petfinder page.  Take a look at how she is doing with them

Aug 8, 2015 - sweet Beauty is back at Petsmart - maybe this time she'll get adopted!

May 31, 2015 Beauty is adjusted and content at Petsmart and it is time to bring her out again.  I want her to have a new home so badly.

May 19, 2015 Beauty is back at Petsmart and not liking it.  I spent around an hour with her on Sunday afternoon letting her out in the cat area.  She tried to go after some of the cats that were in the other cages.  I'd love her to get adopted soon.  She doesn't show well but in a home setting she is a regular lovebug. 

April 30, 2015  Beauty is enjoying all of my petting.  I got 3 of her many sharp nails cut as she rolled around on my lap being loved on.  At this rate maybe by the weekend they'll all be cut.

April 29, 2015  Beauty is back from Cindy's.  Adjusting very well to being back.  Cindy said she was difficult to start hissing at the dogs.  She finally got to the point of being okay with Emo and not hissing at her.

A 6 month old kitten invited himself into the garage and she went after him.  I wasn't too concerned.  She sniffed his butt and he totally ignored her.  Kitten went into her cage and she then ignored him but she was very alert to every motion he made.  She was happy when he left.  Gave me hope that maybe she could learn to tolerate other cats.  If she's not adopted during her present time at Petsmart I'll bring her into the house and see how she is with my Pepper.  It's starting that season when I live in my garage.


Beauty
Beauty - please love on me.




Beauty at Petsmart - during her first visit and when she first got there
March 28 - she is at Petsmart getting adjusted.  I'm hoping she'll adjust quickly.  She doesn't like being caged and being in a room with lots of other cat smells and people with cat smells.... She has been a little swatty.  She swatted me once and I told her no and she quit and then loved being petted.  She got my lecture when I went to visit her that if she keeps on acting like that noone is going to adopt her.  I'm hopeful she'll shape up.  She's definitely not as bad as Autumn who refused to come around and now has to establish herself in a pecking order in a feral colony. 

March 21 or 14?  Arden brought her over.  I think the 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment