Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Lily - adopted!


First pic 11/10. Sun spot from top loader carrier.  A little dirty 
and smells like sardines as that was the bait in order to catch 
her.  Yuck stinky.
Lily is a sweet dilute calico.  She was trapped outside.  Her Mom is probably Violet a feral that was TNR'd and put back on Nov 10. Violet is about 2 yrs old and also a dilute calico but she has more grey on her than Lily who is mostly white with a couple of grey spots and the markings on the top of her head.  She tested negative for FIV/FeLV.  My goal is to have her ready for Care-a-lot on Nov 15.

Nov 12 - She's doing really well.  She had first dose of panacure dewormer- yuck.  Confined in the bathroom, she couldn't go anywhere.

Nov 11 - She isn't hiding.  She likes and needs to be held and to play.  She got her ears cleaned.  She weighed in at 1# 15 oz.  Perfect weight for her age.  She went bezerk last night.  I was holding her while petting Pepper with the other as they stared at each other.  All of a sudden her heart started beating very rapidly and she scratched, wiggled out of my hands hissing and wound up on the floor.  I scruffed her before she could hide and held her for a while till she calmed down.  Too much too soon?

Look at that belly
Nov 10 - Lily is my newest foster. A kitten 8 weeks old trapped just yesterday.  Tested negative for FIV/FeLV.  Got her first FVCRP today.  I don't think she'll be ready for Care-a-lot this weekend although I might be surprised.  She has met Pepper - through the cage - hair all puffed up.  Had a nice meal of canned off a spoon while being petted.   She started to swat and growl at me to guard her food which is unacceptable so I took it away from her and then gave it back to her and she was better.  She is now playing with a little mouse in her cage.  Looking at me periodically.  She had a very busy last couple of days.



She's making bread on her new hammock

First selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment